Salary £24,500 a year
Job type Full-time
Full Job Description
***New Store Opening – Bury St Edmunds Giant ***
Thomas’s Cycle Revolution is growing and we now have new job opportunities in our brand-new Giant store coming soon to Bury St Edmunds! If you’re into bikes and you live nearby, you’ll know about us already. This is a great opportunity to work with other enthusiastic people, in a positive and dynamic working environment where we all love what we do – and do what we love.
Whilst you don’t need to know everything about our products (we’ll train you in all of that), you must have a keen interest in cycling and have some branded bike knowledge – we want you to fill our customers with confidence that you know what you’re talking about, from starting out bikes to the latest new cycling products, you’ll be working on the shop floor, advising customers and guiding them towards whatever will fulfil their cycling needs – and more!
Successful candidates will be rewarded with a competitive commencement salary, bonus and other benefits such as staff purchase incentives and accredited cycle industry training.
This role takes full responsibility for the smooth operation and profitability of the service/workshop department within this store. This includes overseeing and dealing with day-to-day decisions within the service/workshop area, supporting the Store Manager as required, alerting the Director where immediate solutions are not evident and communicating service status reports and store malfunctions to the Director as required.
Servicing and Warranty
· Complete planning and organisation of workshop/service jobs, including ensuring that the service diary is always up to date to ensure all jobs are completed on time.
· Ensure the provision of a comprehensive repairs service for customers, including the diagnosis, repair, and invoicing within given time scales. This will involve agreeing and setting time scales for repair, estimating costs where required, liaising with the customer as necessary. Repairs will include building custom bikes, and the diagnosis, repair, and assembly of used cycles.
· Ensure the computer is updated correctly and email enquiries are responded to, creating workshop related valuations, quotations and estimates as required and invoicing as appropriate.
· Implement the warranty process incorporating all returns and back-office procedures, completing warranty work, and ensuring that this is carried out in a timely manner, keeping customers informed as appropriate.
· Ensure the best interests of the Company when undertaking warranty work, including liaising with manufacturers by telephone/email, record all notifications/agreements and always protecting the rights of both the Company and the customer.
Pre Delivery Inspection
· Ensure the timely assembly of new cycles and associated parts, maintain built bicycle stock in storage and updating the PDI list Pre-delivery inspection
· Ensure the customer receives professional and responsive service, maintaining relationships with customers in person, on the telephone, and via email. This will involve making sure that customers are correctly notified of progress, and that given timescales are achieved.
· Liaise with customers at the sales counter to sell components and repair work where required and uphold the reputation of the store.
· Dealing effectively with service-related complaints, and sales related in staff absence.
· Working within the sales area during busier times when required.
· The ordering and stock maintenance of all “service parts”.
· Ensure that service-related deliveries into the workshop are booked in line with normal process and priced appropriately.
· Ensure adequate stock levels and pricing of “service parts”, maintain the service-related products on the consumer website, and implement warranty work, returns, and back-office procedures.
· Maintain built bicycle stock in storage and ensure the PDI list is up to date.
· Using the courier system for workshop-related goods.
· Responsibility and monitoring of fellow sales staff productivity, motivation, daily roles, service productivity, and PDI lists. This includes assisting with new staff assessments, liaising with the HR department, and ensuring an effective induction into the company.
· Communicate effectively with workshop staff about new products, ensuring all staff training is completed, setting objectives, and delegating as appropriate.
· Ensure the workshop and storage area is organised, tidy and safe, that tools are maintained appropriately, and the workshop is a safe working environment.
Assist with Marketing initiatives, driving the program at a store level, encouraging others to share ideas for social media content, and ensuring store staff support marketing activity.
Use of EPOS system
Carry out full use and functioning of EPOS system to process orders and purchases as necessary. This will include:
· Utilise the EPOS till front, handling cash and card payments
· Creating and following through on IBTs when required
· Book in repairs as required
· Accept deliveries of new stock and booking in sales and service-related stock
· Dealing with finance applications and associated paperwork
· Dealing with the carious Cycle Scheme sales and collections and associated paperwork
· Dealing with representatives and processing internet orders including eBay
Health and Safety
Responsible for the health and safety of self, colleagues, visitors, and customers, ensuring to take reasonable care to avoid and reduce the risk of injury and ill health. This will include ensuring the tidiness and cleanliness of both the interior and the exterior of the store premises, keeping access routes and fire escapes clear, and ensuring own work area is tidy and safe. Assisting with the cleanliness of the shop floor areas if required.
If this is the opportunity you’ve been waiting for, get in touch – tell us about your dedication, enthusiasm, and experience in delivering great customer service (ideally in a similar environment).
We believe in cycling and put cycling at the heart of everything we do – come and join us!
Cycle Revolution is an equal opportunities employer committed to providing equal opportunities to all employees to prohibit all forms of discrimination. Together with promoting talent within our organisation recruiting individuals outside of our industry is equally important as we welcome fresh views and ideas. This is done without regard to sex, race, disability, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age, or marital status. Please only apply if you have the right to work in the UK.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £24,500.00 per year
- Day shift