Full Job Description
***New Store Opening – Bury St Edmunds Giant ***
Thomas’s Cycle Revolution is growing and now has new job opportunities in the brand-new Giant store coming soon to Bury St Edmunds! This is a great opportunity to work with other enthusiastic people who are also into bikes, in a positive and dynamic working environment where we all love what we do – and do what we love.
We are looking for both full-time and part-time Sales Assistants.
Whilst you don’t need to know everything about our products (we’ll train you in all of that), you must have a keen interest in cycling and have some branded bike knowledge – we want you to fill our customers with confidence that you know what you’re talking about, from starting out bikes to the latest new cycling products, you’ll be working on the shop floor, advising customers and guiding them towards whatever will fulfill their cycling needs.
Successful candidates will be rewarded with a competitive commencement salary, bonus, and other benefits such as staff purchase incentives and accredited cycle industry training.
The role entails assisting the store manager with the smooth operation and profitability of the showroom/sales department within the company. Details are as follows:
· Serving and maintaining relationships with customers in the store and at the sales counter, selling bicycles and components, and responding appropriately to customer queries using the appropriate system in the store.
· Using the Brand B2B sites in assisting with sales and stock inquiries and ordering and utilising staff training modules as appropriate.
· Supporting the service area during busier times, accepting bookings for repairs, and accepting deliveries of service-related stock when required.
· Carry out full use and functioning of EPOS system to process orders and purchases as necessary. This will include:
– Utilising the EPOS till front, handling cash and card payments
– Creating and following through on IBTs when required
– Accepting deliveries of new stock and booking in sales and service-related stock
– Dealing with finance applications and associated paperwork
– Dealing with the various Cycle Scheme sales and collections and associated paperwork
– dealing with representatives and processing internet orders including eBay
· Maintenance of accessories and bike stock and pricing of all built bicycles, clothing, and accessories on display, including rotation as necessary and ensuring the relevant security tagging
· Helping to maintain showroom tidiness, accessory display stock levels, and pricing
· Primary display responsibility and stock maintenance of a designated sales area
· Passing on any complaints to the relevant manager or director
· Actively participate in marketing initiatives and events, including sharing/liking Instagram/Facebook entries and assisting with events as appropriate
If this is the opportunity you’ve been waiting for, get in touch – tell us about your dedication, enthusiasm, and experience in delivering great customer service (ideally in a sales environment).
We believe in cycling and put cycling at the heart of everything we do – come and join us!
Cycle Revolution is an equal opportunities employer committed to providing equal opportunities to all employees to prohibit all forms of discrimination. Together with promoting talent within our organisation recruiting individuals outside of our industry is equally important as we welcome fresh views and ideas. This is done without regard to sex, race, disability, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status. Please only apply should you have the right to work in the UK.
Job Types: Part-time, Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £21,000.00 per year
- Bonus scheme
- Day shift